The 2010 Tri Nations tournament starts this weekend. The Springboks will be looking to defend their 2009 Tri Nations title.
The Tri Nations tournament has been hosted annually since 1996 and is organized by SANZAR (a consortium comprised of Rugby Union’s governing bodies in South Africa, New Zealand and Australia). New Zealand won the inaugural tournament in 1996 and have also won the Tri Nations competitions in 1997, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008. South Africa have won the Tri Nations tournament 3 times (in 1998, 2004 and 2009) and Australia have won it twice (in 2000 and 2001).
This year’s tournament promises to be a brilliant display of rugby. The Springboks will start their Tri Nations tournament with 2 tests in New Zealand and 1 test in Australia. They will return to South Africa to play 3 home tests, 1 against New Zealand and 2 against Australia.
This is complete schedule for this year’s Tri Nations tournament:
- Saturday 10 July – All Blacks v South Africa -Eden Park, Auckland
- Saturday 17 July – All Blacks v South Africa -Westpac Stadium, Wellington
- Saturday 24 July – Australia v South Africa -Brisbane
- Saturday 31 July – Australia v All Blacks – Melbourne
- Saturday 7 August – All Blacks v Australia – AMI Stadium, Christchurch
- Saturday 21 August – South Africa v All Blacks – Johannesburg
- Saturday 28 August – South Africa v Australia – Loftus Versfeld stadium, Pretoria
- Saturday 4 September – South Africa v Australia – Free State Stadium, Bloemfontein
- Saturday 11 September -Australia v All Blacks – Sydney
Be sure to be on the lookout for adverts for Tri Nations tickets on our website. Do you think South Africa will win the tournament for a 4th this year? Feedback on this post is welcome.