Do you consider yourself a coffee connoisseur? This beverage, warm or cold, is a form of liquid courage a lot of us need to start the day in the best possible mood. It lifts our spirits, boosts our bravery, and sees us through the tough times. The least we can do in return is know a few random facts about it, right?
Do you want to take your coffee drinking more seriously? Find an affordable coffee machine on Junk Mail right now.
1. We often talk about coffee beans, but did you know they’re actually seeds? Yeah, we didn’t either. These seeds can be found inside coffee berries, also known as cherries, and are the rawest/freshest form of coffee ‘beans’. This technically makes it a fruit. Who would have thought?
2. Are your houseplants looking a little sad? Add coffee grounds to the soil to help cheer them up. When you add grounds to soil, it acts as organic matter, which helps with drainage, aeration, and water retention. If you’re talking gardening with a friend or family member, remember this helpful tip.
Fun gardening fact: If you’re a tea drinker, you can also use the contents of your tea bags in your garden. Tea leaves, twigs, and sticks make a great fertiliser and add nutrients to the soil. Rooibos has been known to chase away slugs too! Sprinkle it around your plants or mix it into the soil surrounding your veggies for a safer option to pesticides.
3. Believe it or not, but this hot beverage has numerous health benefits. One cup contains essential nutrients, including vitamin B2, B5, B3, manganese, and potassium. It can assist in protecting your liver, lower your risk of Parkinson’s, protect you from Alzheimer’s and Dementia, and lower the risk of certain cancers. Research has also indicated that it can help decrease the development of type 2 diabetes.
4. For those watching what they consume, a cup of black coffee is the way to go. It only has one calorie!
5. Scientists have successfully converted coffee into biofuel! This means that one day it could be possible that you won’t have to fill up your car with petrol, you’ll be able to do it with coffee-based fuel instead!
6. Coffee and skincare, an unlikely yet effective combination. Making a homemade exfoliator is very easy and creating your own scrub will save you money in the long run. Grind your beans until you’re happy with their texture then mix them with a tissue oil and whatever else you like. Your skin will be cleared of dead skin, soft, and smooth after your first application. Coffee has anti-ageing benefits as well and can help with skin blemishes and fine lines.
7. The most common coffee types include:
Fun facts are the best, and when they’re about one of the hot beverages we love the most, you can guess where we’re heading right now…. The kitchen. We’re heading to the kitchen. If you’ve been meaning to buy a coffee machine for ages but haven’t gotten around to it, now’s the time. Have a look at what’s currently listed on Junk Mail and find a machine for your kitchen at a great price.