Reduce stress and boost your concentration levels by taking up archery. Not only does this sport offer you mental and physical benefits, but it’s also fun. Not sure how to get started? Find equipment for sale on Junk Mail.
How to get started
While you may be eager to get started, you’ll need to know more about the different types of bows and arrows before you decide. Choosing between different archery equipment can also be confusing.
Once you’ve bought the essential equipment, you can look for an archery club or range near you. Find a teacher and take a few lessons before you shoot at a target on your own. You’ll begin with a target closer to you and then move it further away as your skills improve.
Recurve and compound bows
When it comes to archery, there is a wide range of bows to choose from. The two most common types include the recurve and compound bow.
An advantage of the recurve bow is that it features a lightweight design, which makes it more convenient to transport. They’re also more affordable to buy. This type of bow has a simpler design so it’s easier to understand how to use it. You don’t need a lot of extra archery equipment when you’re using a recurve bow. The downside is that replacement parts come with a higher price tag.
A compound bow requires less strength to use, is easier to aim, and it is simpler to adjust the draw weight. A compound bow is also a good choice for kids who want to try archery. The disadvantage of this variation is that it’s heavier and requires more maintenance. This bow has a modern design, which means that it’s not the best choice for someone who is looking for a more traditional archery experience.
Types of arrows
Your list of essential archery equipment should include arrows. Common variations are:
- Competition arrows – These arrows can be used indoors or outdoors. They’re also suitable for 3D archery.
- Traditional arrows – This variation can only be used with a traditional wooden bow. These arrows are made from wood and feathers.
- Fibreglass arrows – The advantages of these arrows are that they’re cheap and they’re available with a selection of various draw lengths. The downside is that they offer you a reduced level of accuracy.
- Carbon arrows – This variation is lightweight and quick. You’ll also have a wide range of sizes and designs to choose from. They’re a cost-effective option and easy to find.
- Aluminium arrows – Although these arrows are heavier and slower, they’re also more durable and quieter than other variations. The downside of these arrows is that they’re more expensive.
- Composite arrows – This variation is made from both carbon and aluminium. They’re high-quality arrows that offer you superior performance. The disadvantage of buying composite arrows is that they’re expensive.
Additional archery equipment
Here are some of the archery equipment you can consider investing in:
- Arm guards – They protect your arms from being hit with the bowstring.
- Gloves – Specialized archery gloves are designed to protect your fingers without impacting your performance.
- Bow sights – Set better aim by using a bow sight.
- Bow stringer – You’ll need this piece of archery equipment to string your bow without damaging it.
- Quivers – There is a range of different quivers for sale, but hip quivers are the most popular option. The hip quiver has compartments for your equipment and can hold numerous arrows.
- A target – you’ll need a durable target to practice your archery skills on.
Head to an archery range and experience this fun sport for yourself. With so many benefits to starting up this hobby, it’s easy to see why it’s so popular. Find archery equipment for sale on Junk Mail and enjoy great savings.