So Christmas 2011 and the 2011 festive season is around the corner. The majority of you are probably looking forward to the start of this season and to spending time with family and friends. Your mouths are probably watering in anticipation for the Christmas feasts that await you.
Many of you probably have a sweet tooth as well. The Junk Mail Team have decided to give you another recipe that you use this coming festive season. Gingerbread cookies are quite popular treats in South Africa. These irresistible cookies are both spicy and sweet. You can serve them right off the cooling rack with glasses of cold milk or with mugs of hot chocolate. This recipe for Butterscotch Gingerbread cookies delivers about 48 cookies.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1.5 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Half a teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened (we recommend Land O’Lakes Butter)
- 1.5 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup mild molasses
- 1 & 2/3 cups (11-ounce package) Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt in small bowl.
- Beat the butter, sugar, egg and molasses in large mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in flour mixture until well blended. Stir in morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
We hope that you find this recipe for Butterscotch Gingerbread Cookies useful this festive season. Feel free to check out some of these blog posts from last year on the Junk Mail blog:
- 3 Christmas Gift Ideas for Him
- 3 Christmas Gift Ideas for Her
- Christmas Decoration Tips
- Create Someone’s Christmas This Festive Season
- Christmas Pudding Recipe
- A Mince Pie Recipe for Christmas
- Some “Shop From Home” Ideas for Christmas
- Tasty Tree Treats
- Gift Getting Greats
Feel free to share this content with your friends if you have found this useful.