Are you interested in buying or selling Mandela coins? There are various reasons for investing in Mandela Coins, from sentimental value to wanting to invest in something that will be more valuable in future. More and more investors are looking to buy these coins and since there are a limited number of them, owning one of these coins is very special. Visit Junk Mail today to find a wide range of Mandela Coins for sale.
What are Mandela coins?
Mandela coins were released by the South African Mint to honour the legacy of Nelson Mandela. The coins are usually gold or silver and contain the face of Nelson Mandela. The prestigious nature of these coins has turned them into collectables for many people across the globe. Keep in mind that different types of Mandela coins have different values.
Here’s a list of some of the Mandela Coins available:
The more valuable coin collections include:
- 2002 Heritage Launch Set, Robben Island R 2 Coin and Medallion (Fine Gold 1/4 oz)
- 2008 Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela 90 Years Commemorative Medallion Set
- 2010 Mandela Robben Island 5 oz Mint Mark Medallion
- 2010 Nelson Mandela 1kg Gold Commemorative Medallion
- 2010 Nelson Mandela 1kg Silver Commemorative Medallion
- 2010 Nelson Mandela Winners Set
- 2011 Nelson Mandela Robben Island 12 oz Commemorative Medallion
- 2012 Nelson Mandela ANC Centenary Set
- 2012 Nelson Mandela 50th Anniversary Capture Site Medallion (1/2 oz Fine Gold)
- 2012 Nelson Mandela Timeless Value 90th Birthday Celebration Set
- 2013 Nelson Mandela World Heritage Robben Island Fence Medallion (1/2 oz Fine Gold)
- 1/4 oz Bimetallic Commemorative Medal
The 2018 Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela Centenary Coins (1918 – 2018):
This range of coins was created in 2018, as this was the year that marked 100 years since Nelson Mandela was born. Each of the three coins listed below was designed to illustrate different ages/ seasons in his life. The bronze-alloy coin portrays him as a young lawyer, whereas the sterling-silver coin portrays him during the time of his presidency, and the gold coin post-presidency.
- R50 Bronze Alloy Coin
- R50 Silver 1 oz Sterling-Silver Coin
- R500 1 oz 24ct Gold Coin
Sets of these coins were also created:
- 2018 Nelson Mandela Prestige Set
- 2018 Nelson Mandela 3 Coin Set
- 2018 Nelson Mandela Centenary Launch Set
What you need to look out for when buying a Mandela Coin
While buying Mandela Coins can be a good investment, you need to know what to look out for. Coins should be seen as a long-term investment rather than an easy way to make quick money. Most gold coin enthusiasts start a collection of ten coins on average and keep them for an extended period.
When buying Mandela Coins, you need to ask for the certificate of authenticity before making a purchase. It’s advisable to do proper research before you buy coins. Also, make sure that the coin is in good condition. Scratches and other signs of wear and tear can decrease the value of the coin.
What do you need to look out for when selling a Mandela Coin?
If you’re selling Mandela Coins, make sure that you keep them in good condition, so they don’t lose their value. Do proper research before you decide on a selling price, as you don’t want to lose out, but you also want to keep it at market value.
Mandela Coins make a great addition to any collection so make sure you don’t miss out on the opportunity to invest in these special coins by visiting Junk Mail today.