Holiday’s are a time for good cheer, family and fun. It is often that we find these times to be the most taxing on our budgets. There are so many things we need to make the season successful, that we often find ourselves in a tangle for cash. Junk Mail came up with some easy ways for you to gain some ground on the festive season, and save some cash whilst doing it.
Here are some ways you can get the most out of your holiday, on a budget:
- Use a favourite comic strip or old material to wrap your presents. This can look really great and creative. All you need is a pair of scissors.
- Make use of simple baking treats, Marie biscuits are a good starting point. Simply stick on your sugary delights using icing sugar mixed with water. It tastes great and can even be made into a fun game for the kids.
- Get Creative. Make your own decorations. There are many wonderful things you can do with simple paper. Visit your local library for a quick “How To” in origami or check the internet for some cool DIY sites, that will help you.
- Browse the many offerings on the Junk Mail site, and sign up to the bargains newsletter. Junk Mail offers a host of different items.
- Make your own cards, hand made cards are personal and hold sentiment. This is easy with some coloured paper and a lovely message.
- 10 Things You Did Not Know About Durban
- 10 Things You Did Not Know About Pretoria
- 50 Facts about South Africa You Might not Know
- 10 Things You Did Not Know About Johannesburg
- Young Talent: Faeron Wheeler
- 10 Things You Did Not Know About Cape Town
- Another Collection of Funny Signs
- 10 Things You Did Not Know About Port Elizabeth
- 10 Things You Did Not Know About East London