This is our second Recipe, and it is geared to making your Festive Season a scrumptious one.
Every one loves a good recipe, and what better time to make good food, than this.
Today we are warming up the Junk Mail Kitchen with some traditional Christmas Pudding. The very mention of pudding should set taste buds ablaze, so lets get started…
You will need:
- 3 cups Mixed Fruit
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
- 2/3 cup cream (thickened)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg.
- 2/3 cup chopped Pitted Prunes.
- The juice and grated peel of 1 orange
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons of white grape juice
To make this traditional Christmas pudding you need to follow these 9 steps:
- Combine fruit, nuts, orange juice and rind, and white grape juice in a bowl and mix well.
- Whisk the eggs, cream and sugar together in a separate bowl.
- Sift flour, the spices and bicarbonate of soda over the fruit, and stir in the egg mixture.
- Line a greased 5 cup pudding pan with baking paper, and pour in the mixture.
- Cover with paper and foil, or the lid, and set in a saucepan with warm water half way up sides of pan.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium and boil for 5 hours.
- Lift pudding from the steamer, remove paper and place onto a plate.
- Leave to cool for an hour, then wrap in foil and refrigerate.
- Serve with cream or ice-cream.
We hope you enjoy making and eating your traditional Christmas Pudding this Festive Season! Feedback is welcome and appreciated on the Junk Mail blog. We would love to hear your thoughts about this recipe, so please comment on this post.
Feel free to check out the following festive posts on the Junk Mail blog. You might find them interesting:
- Christmas Ching
- 10 Things That Could end up under your Christmas Tree
- Some “Shop From Home” Christmas Ideas
- A Mince Pie Recipe for Christmas