How to find and advertise domestic worker jobs

Are you looking for domestic worker jobs? Cleaners jobs are a great way to make money. You can choose to work in a private home or in an office. There is a demand for reliable and responsible cleaners in South Africa. If you need extra help in your house or office, you can also advertise cleaning jobs online.

domestic-worker-kitchen

When it comes to finding housekeeping jobs it helps to know where to look. Knowing what employers are looking for will also help you to find a job. Once you know more about the duties you will need to perform you can start looking for vacancies. Find cleaning jobs on Junk Mail, or advertise “Domestic Worker Wanted” on Junk Mail. Here is an overview of what types of cleaning jobs are available in South Africa.

domesticworker-cleaning-products

Domestic Worker Jobs

A domestic worker is typically employed by an individual person or family. Their core duties include cleaning and tidying homes. The tasks which a domestic worker performs include dusting and sweeping. They wash floors, clean windows and polish mirrors. Washing clothes, ironing and tidying up are other responsibilities that are part of this job.

domestic-worker-ironing

If you are reliable and trustworthy then you can consider becoming a domestic worker. You will also need to be able to work on your own. It is helpful if you are a friendly and careful person.

domestic-worker-curtains

Once you have decided if domestic work suits you, you can start looking for a job. There are different ways of finding a position. You can let people know that you are looking for work with the hope that they know someone who needs a domestic worker. It is helpful if you get a job through someone you know as they can recommend your services. You could also look at the advertisements in the newspaper. Community notice boards in libraries or shops are another helpful place to look. Another way to find a job is to put an advert on community noticeboards or online.

domesticworker

Corporate Cleaner

A Corporate Cleaner is employed by a company to clean offices. Instead of working independently they work in teams to keep the area tidy. Corporate cleaners can also find employment in schools, gyms and hospitals. Typically a team of cleaners will go to the site for an hour or two. They are fast and efficient so they do not disturb the people who work in the offices. Tasks include dusting, polishing, washing and vacuuming. To be a good corporate cleaner you will need to be punctual, reliable and honest. You will also need to be able to work in a team. The benefit of working for a company is that you will get a regular salary and full-time work. Sometimes this job comes with benefits such as medical aid and pension.

domestic-worker-corporate cleaner

If you decide that you want a job as a Corporate Cleaner, you will need to look in classifieds such as Junk Mail. Most companies want you to have experience as a cleaner so if you have worked as a domestic worker then it is more likely that you will find a job. Some jobs require shift work and others have regular working hours. If you work well as a cleaner there may be opportunities for you to advance in your career.

cleaning-gym

Window Cleaners

Window cleaners can find jobs in buildings which have a large amount of windows. Typically they are hired to clean windows in tall buildings. This is a dangerous and demanding job. It is essential to take proper safety precautions if you are a window cleaner. The window cleaner can be supported by ropes, platforms or scaffolding. A window cleaner removes dirt from windows with specialized cleaning liquid. It is important for window cleaners to be aware of weather conditions. If you are scared of heights then this job is not suitable for you. To be a window cleaner you will need to be brave and responsible. You can get the right training at Envirosafe Cleaning Concepts or Cleaning Africa Services.

If you want to hire a domestic worker there are plenty of ways to find the right person. Start by asking friends if they know of anyone reliable who is looking for a job. Other domestic workers may have family members or friends that are looking for work. It is helpful if you can find someone who comes with recommendations and experience. You can also advertise on online platforms such as Junk Mail. Community notice boards are another option.

domestic-worker-window-cleaning

Whether you are looking for a job as a cleaner or you want to employ a domestic worker, there are plenty of places to advertise. Junk Mail offers a fast and efficient platform to access a wide audience and advertise domestic worker jobs. Whether you are looking for cleaning jobs or for a trustworthy domestic worker to help you in and around the house, place your FREE ad on www.JunkMail.co.za today!

Annabel Schoeman

SEO'er, blogger and lover all things weird, wacky and interesting.

You may also like...

37 Responses

1. valentia says:

Hi I am interested and I am available my number is 0715183930 thank you.

• Annabel Schoeman says:

Hi Valentia!

If you are looking for work, you can also place a FREE Job Seekers Ad on Junk Mail. Simply visit http://goo.gl/5qR10Z. From here select “JOBS” and then select “JOB SEEKERS”.

This will allow you to complete all the necessary information to place your FREE Job Seeker Ad on Junk Mail.

We hope you find employment soon!

2. Loveness says:

Look for a job as a domestic worker. Partime available Monday , Wednesday , Friday and Saturdays. I’m Staying joburg. Center. I will be able to work. South , west , east and north Rand of Johannesburg. My contact is 072 185 1534

3. Ayanda says:

Hi, im ayanda matsane from Newcastle i am looking for a job especially a domestic work ,i’m able to clean,wash,cooking and baby sitter please whatsapp me at 0606640073

• Struan says:

Hi Ayanda,

Please add the Job Mail WhatsApp number to your phone and say hi: 0720920111
      They will be able to help you find jobs you can apply for. You can also search jobs yourself by going to the following link: http://bit.ly/1QzYH3A

Kind regards

4. Ennie Ndlovu says:

Goodday

Hope this finds you well, i would like to apply for a job as a domestic worker i have a cv and contactable
    reffrences.
    Best regards
    Ennie

5. Noso says:

Hello Ennie are you still looking for a job and are you based in Johannesburg

6. judy says:

Seeking a reliable, full time, domestic worker. Must be able to cook. Must have contactable references. Sleep out. Roodepoort, West Rand. Phone 072 037 7472

7. akhona says:

hi my name is Akhona from Kagiso.I’m seeking a job. full tym/part tym. u can call me or whtsapp me0738301358.. I can start sap

8. Thozama says:

Hi, my name is Thozama I am looking for a job as a cleaner

9. Ntsebeng says:

Hi my name Agnes i from Germiston I’m looking for cleaning job and im available any time please whatssp me to 0633505022 or call me to 0785094739 a staying out job around Edenvale, Bertford view, Benoni, East rand ,Isando ,primrose ,germiston and midrand please i need help and im interested

10. Emely says:

My name Emely am looking 4 job domestic work or office cleaning my number 0822200254

11. nelly says:

Hi I’m Nelly 34 years and have 6 years experience as a domestic worker I’m really looking for a job please contact me

12. Livonia says:

Hi am Livonia from tembisa I need any general job around kempton park and midrand…call me 0730485433

13. elisa says:

hi am interested contact me on 0714465519 around Pretoria

14. Margret says:

Hi, my name is Margret, am looking for a sleep in job around Johannesburg, I can start immediately, please call me on 0627529091, thank you

15. Precious says:

My name is Precious Gumbi I’m looking for part time domestic work around Springs,Benoni,Brakpan and Joburg.I have 5years experience call or whatsap me on 0642809739 thank u

16. nthati says:

Looking for work.

17. nomthandazo Agnes says:

Hi there im looking for a job as a domestic worker either comparative or Private , im a very vibrant, honest,loving and reliable person who wishes to fulfill her dreams one day ,please if you need or know someone who might need a help dont hesitate to call me or whatsapp me or even send an email 0653544677

18. Joyce says:

Hie I’m looking for a job as a domestic worker or a nanny .. I’m a loving and honest and a reliable person. If you need or know anyone who might need help please call me ,sms,or WhatsApp me on0653835128 or 0646533604

19. Talent says:

Good day! I’m looking a Job as a domestic worker .lm loving and honestylady.lcan take any responsibility without supervision. pliz call or whatsup 0782510975

20. Christine says:

I’m Christine a hardworking woman capable of doing all kind of house work friendly and respecting lady with 5 years experience .
    My duties are cleaning and washing,taking good care of dogs and feeding
    My contact 0781759157

21. Sanah maite says:

Hi my name is sanah I’m looking for any cleaning job around Pretoria I’m leaving in mamelodi I’m a very hard worker and a loyal person having six years of experience reference is also available if needed thank you

22. Innocentia says:

I’m Innocentia.I am looking for a cleaning job around Pretoria,I am a hardworking person and I am good with people.

23. Bongi says:

Thank you so much,, my name is Bongi from Tembisa and Im looking for a part-time job

24. brenda baloyi says:

hey im brenda im looking for job I dont care how much u will offer me I just need job pls even u hear that they need someone to Im here anytime just call,wtsp me 0762485129

25. Neliswa says:

Hi I’m Neliswa I need a job for cleaning at the office please. I’m young and beautiful help please.

26. Brenda says:

I will be happy if i have this job