Warm caramel popcorn is perfect for a cosy winter evening treat while you are watching movies. It also makes a great snack for parties or a weekend gatherings with friends. Making your own popcorn can be a fun and rewarding activity. Crunchy and sweet, caramel popcorn is loved by adults and children alike. If you own a popcorn machine, the process will be easier. You can find a popcorn machine for sale on Junk Mail or sell your used machine to make extra cash.
Here is a delicious recipe for caramel air popped popcorn:
There are two steps to this easy caramel popcorn recipe. You can choose to use microwave popcorn or popcorn that has been air popped. Using a microwave is a faster way to make caramel popcorn if you are in a rush. The recipe makes ten to twelve cups of popcorn so you may want to start early and make more than one batch if you are making a party snack.
1. Collect your ingredients and prepare your equipment. Once the caramel sauce is made you will need to work fast so it is advisable to have everything pre-prepared. Make sure the oven racks are in place and pre-heat the oven to 120 C. Line your trays with a baking sheet so that they are ready to be used.
2. Pop the corn using your chosen method. You can choose to make microwave popcorn, popcorn on the stove or if you want to make life a little easier, use your popcorn machine. Half a cup of corn kernels is needed for this recipe. Once the popcorn is cooked, remove any unpopped kernels from the bowl. Put the popcorn in a bowl. You can also add nuts to the bowl. Another delicious variation to the traditional recipe is to add dried fruit.
3. Next you will need to begin making the caramel for your caramel popcorn. Start by heating up ¾ cup of butter in a saucepan on a medium heat. Once the butter is melted put a cup of brown sugar into the saucepan and gently stir it in until the sugar becomes damp. Turn up the heat slightly so that the butter and sugar reaches boiling point. Let the mixture boil for three to four minutes. It is important that you gently stir the mixture continuously and scrape off the bottom layer to prevent it from burning. The longer you cook the caramel, the crunchier your end product will be. Adjust the cooking time according to the stove that you are using as well as your personal preferences.
4. Mix in the additional ingredients. Once you take the caramel off the stove you can pour a teaspoon of vanilla and ½ teaspoon of salt into the mixture. You can add more or less salt according to taste. A vital part of the process is adding a 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder as this plays an important role in coating the popcorn. Mix the concoction until the ingredients are adequately stirred in. You will know that you are done when the sauce is thick and shiny.
5. Pour the caramel onto the popcorn straight away. It is important to add the caramel slowly and gently mix the popcorn during the process.
6. Place the caramel popcorn in a layer on the baking sheet. Stick it in the oven and leave it to bake for one hour. You can take the tray out earlier if you prefer your popcorn to be softer. Remember to mix the popcorn at 15 minute intervals to gently separate any popcorn clusters.
7. Once you have taken the baking tray out the oven, give the popcorn time to cool. Once it has cooled down it’s ready to eat or keep it fresh in a sealed container.
You can change the flavour of the end product by incorporating two tablespoons of molasses into the mixture as well as a cup of peanuts. The molasses should be added when the mixture is boiling while the peanuts can be added when you add the mixture to the popcorn. If you enjoy sweet treats that have a bit of a bite, add hot sauce or curry powder to the vanilla and combine it with the caramel sauce.
Now that you know how to make caramel popcorn, you can start experimenting with your own variations. The advantage to making your own delicious snack is that you can tailor the recipe to suit your personal preferences. With a popcorn machine you can make crunchy popcorn easily. Finding a used popcorn machine for sale is a great way to save cash and make your money go further.
Remember, you can also use air popped popcorn or microwave popcorn to make the job a little easier.
Whether you are looking for a popcorn machine for sale for your business, or a popcorn machine for sale for your home, Junk Mail is the place to shop. With a number of popcorn machines available online, you are sure to find the perfect one, be it for your home or business.
Selling your machine or other catering and household appliances? Place your free ad on www.JunkMail.co.za today.