To help you save some much needed money and protect our beautiful country, we’ve put some Energy Saving Tips together on how to be part of this very important cause.
- Switch appliances like Televisions, DVD players, etc. off instead of leaving them on standby while you are not home.
- Use energy efficient bulbs instead of the standard household bulbs.
- Don’t fill the kettle to the top; rather just boil as much as you need. It is estimated we boil twice as much water as what we need.
- Air-dry your clothes instead of using the tumble dryer. Not only will you save on the electricity bill, your clothes will last longer.
- Turn down the temperature on which your washing machine washes; there is no need to wash at 40°C instead of 30°C.
By following these 5 simple steps mentioned above, you should save approximately 5% on your electricity bill. Use this as a starting point and eventually turn your entire house into an energy saving hub.
For some extra reading, open the following page: