Friday, 18 July 2014 is Nelson Mandela day. To celebrate his life and his sacrifices for South Africa, we have compiled a list of things you can choose from to give back 67 minutes of your time for your local community.
- Donate clothes to a homeless shelter
- Make kits with essentials like toothpaste, soap and shampoo for those in need
- Collect canned food for a community centre in need
- Make sandwiches and hand them out to the homeless
- Serve food at a soup kitchen
- Bake a birthday cake for a disadvantaged person
- Donate blood
- Start recycling at your home
- Plant a vegetable garden
- Clean a public park; cut the grass etc
- Help build a home with habitat for humanity
- Collect teddy bears for abused children
- Read to children or the elderly
- Babysit for a single parent
- Volunteer to teach children to read
- Bake cookies for your local Police station
- Share a charity in need on your social profiles
- Assist a animal shelter with walking dogs or cleaning kennels
Most of the items on the list will definitely not even take 67 minutes of your time, but could provide someone else with something that is much needed.
Most importantly, be friendly, be helpful and always do your best!
Let us know what your plans are for Mandela Day #JunkMailCares!