Nissan 1400: A cost effective workhorse

The Nissan 1400 is a reliable workhorse which has proved its durability over the years. If you are looking for bakkies for sale, the Nissan 1400 is an affordable choice. There are plenty of advantages to owning a Nissan 1400.To make an informed decision it is important to review the vehicle’s specifications.

Nissan-1400-bakkie

Specifications and Technical Detail

The Nissan 1400 was debuted in 1971 with the same wheelbase and running gear as the Datsun 1200 sedan. The model was manufactured in Rosslyn, South Africa until 2008.  The bakkie is a great workhorse and has a ground clearance of 160mm. Its longitudinal inline 4-cylinder engine has two valves per cylinder. With a capacity of 1397cc, the engine has a natural aspiration. This model has an electronic ignition and a manual five-speed transmission. The Nissan 1400 delivers 47 kW at 6000 rpm with a torque of 97 Nm at 2500 rpm. It can accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in 16.22 seconds with a final top speed of 146 km/h.

Nissan-1400-Engine-Spec

The bakkie has a towing capacity of 772 kgs. With a turning circle of 8.2 metres, it offers drivers reasonable manoeuvrability. The Nissan 1400 is protected against theft by a security system which includes a Netstar Alarm. The single cab has two seats and access to the interior is provided by two doors. The Nissan 1400 has dual line power assisted brake hydraulics. The hand break is positioned between the front seats.

Nissan-1400-Car

Advantages to Owning a Nissan 1400

It is advantageous to own a Nissan as their competent team of staff offers South Africans reliable products and excellent service. Nissan is one of the largest automotive brands on the international market.

Nissan-Car-Manufacturer

The Nissan 1400 was designed to be durable, enabling the bakkie to tackle more arduous tasks. Over the years Nissan 1400 has proved to be a reliable vehicle. It has become one of the longest serving vehicles on the South African market. Nissan 1400 models are available at affordable prices which makes them more accessible. This model is also cheap and easy to maintain. Another advantage of buying a Nissan 1400 is that it is convenient to own a workhorse.

If you want to find bakkies for sale at affordable prices, visit www.JunkMail.co.za.

Nissan-1400-South-Africa

Saskia Meintjes

Hyperactive, extremely realistic and addicted to reading can best describe me. Life is all about the good memories and sitting around will not create them.

You may also like...

14 Responses

1. Alistair says:

First released 2005??
    The Nissan 1400 made its debut in South Africa in 1971. The original Datsun 1200 evolved into the Datsun 1400 in 1980 and became known as the Nissan 1400 in 1990.

2. Goose says:

3. Vic says:

Send me some more info on this Nissan 1400

4. Patrick says:

The date is wrong they started as datsun 1200 in 1971 and datsun 1400 in 1980 an the nissan 1400 was born in 1990 that is when the first nissan 1400 was made not 2005 if you want a good bakkie the np200 that took the 1400’s place is really not that bad it is I think better it loads and takes the load more even where the nissan 1400 thends to hang at the back

5. kganyaho says:

I want a frash nassin 1400 starts by R10 000 to R14 000 with less than km180 000 and good runing condition.(0728191789)

• Gerrie Buys says:

if you want a 1400 for that price you will get scrap,the 1400 will go now for R30000 + for a good clean bakkie
      Tanks Gerrie

6. kganyaho says:

My provence is Limpopo and I spand My 14days In the city of polokwane and other 14days at Bochum where i stay.

7. gerry holland says:

I have had my Nissan 1400 since 1989 and have done 1,0026,358km and still going strong. The motor has been done 3 times and it now has a complete fibre-glass body. I live at the coast and use it extensively for fishing.

8. Allister says:

hey guys check out my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/1400power/ I started it in this week and I see you guys are very passionate about this vehicle,also you can share mods,share how your 1200/1400 look and find new passionate people

9. dave says:

Hi peoples

I recently had my 1400 Nissan bakkie stolen after 13 years…am looking for another but wanted to know if anyone knows what year (model) Nissan increased the headroom in the cab?

Thanks