South Africa’s premier wine festival is an absolute must for every wine fanatic’s diary in Gauteng. It is celebrating their 10th annual festival this year and showcasing established wines from all over South Africa.
This festival is definitely a taste sensation boasting wines from different vineyards in South Africa. Whether it’s a crispy Sauvignon Blanc or a spicy Shiraz with a hint of dark chocolate, you will be spoilt with what the festival has to offer.
The RMB Winex festival is a “Jozi’s must” event to discover your pleasure, associate with winemakers, get acquainted with the lingo and not forgetting drink in the vibe. There are over 1000 different wine varieties and I am certain that even you as a wine fanatic have not tasted all the wine varieties or probably never even heard the name of some.
Open doors to new wines bursting with flavours at the RMB Winex festival and improve your wine knowledge. Wine has been produced all over South Africa for many years but the best wines are produced down south in the Cape. Some of the continent’s finest wines are produced here because of the best climatic and topographic conditions
Some of the exhibitors that will be showcasing their wines are:
- Meerlust – is a vineyard in Stellenbosch that has been in the industry for over eight generations and produces an elegant, Bordeaux-style Rubicon blend.
- Rustenberg Wines – situated in Ida’s Valley in Stellenbosch is one of South Africa’s oldest wineries that was established in 1682 and produces superb examples of Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay.
- Cederberg – located on the Cederberg Mountains, this vineyard is the highest in the Cape situated 1 000 meters above sea level and produces award winning wines.
For a full list of exhibitors showcasing at the RMB Winex festival, click here.
- Date: 29th – 30th October 2014
- Time: 05:00 pm – 09:00 pm
- Venue: Sandton Convention Centre
- Ticket Prices: R150 – R180
Exploring wine is an exhilarating adventure that’s best enjoyed with a lot of friends and family because no great story ever began with a salad. So whether you are a passionate collector or a wine fanatic, Joburg’s wine festival will leave you raising your glass to a night out in Jozi. Cheers!
Find great bargains on vintage collector wines for sale on Junk Mail.