Taking place from the 1st till the 4th of October, 2015, at Gallagher Estate in Midrand, Hobby X is definitely an Expo not to be missed. Drawing enthusiasts from all over the country (including countries such as Botswana, Swaziland and Namibia, to name but a few), this is the place to be if you are looking to stock up on scrapbooking supplies. From paintings for sale to woodwork and craft books for sale, this expo is an awesome opportunity to see, buy and make it.
A place where everything creative you can dream up, can become a reality, the Expo is aimed at all the arts, hobbies and crafts lovers out there, featuring something for everyone – from collectables and general hobbies, to sewing and ‘do-it-yourself’ home décor.
What Hobby X is all about
Launched back in 1998, Hobby X is the ideal expo to not only buy your usual supplies, materials and tools, but also discover new ones as well as learn a couple of techniques, find some fresh ideas and return to your workshop inspired and in full stock.
This Expo is not only aimed at trade customers, but also at the individual hungry for new products, information and creative ideas. Because hobbies, arts and crafts can have such a positive impact on our busy lives, this expo is also a great place to discover new interests.
What to expect at Hobby X
The Expo features a number of exhibitors ranging to include suppliers, manufacturers, agents, importers and distributors. This allows trade and individual customers to be introduced to the newest materials, machinery, tools and equipment – all in one, convenient location.
Aimed at hobbyists, outdoor adventure junkies, crafters and even leisure freaks, Hobby X also offers exhibitors the opportunity to interact with their trade buyers, giving them access to great new products and services.
Products and not-to-be-missed features
Catering to a large selection of hobbies, arts and crafts, you can expect some of the following awesome goodies at the Hobby X in Midrand this October:
- Collectibles and General Hobbies: In this category you will find hobbies that range to include brewing, woodwork, knife making and metal working, experiments and science hobbies, framing and flower arranging. Other awesome goodies in this category include genealogy, baking and cooking, and engraving.
- Scholastic and Arts: Here you will find awesome creative hobbies and crafts like modelling clays, acrylic paints, fine arts and even abstract arts. It is also in the category of the expo that you can explore different kinds of art drawing tools and supplies, mosaic art, writing tools and books for sale.
- Do-It-Yourself Home Décor: If you love being busy in the home, making stunning, one-of-a-kind décor items, this category is for you. From the art of candle making to furniture restoration and upholstery, here you will find everything to help you transform old furniture and dull rooms into spaces and accessories that pop. You can also find all the necessary tools here.
- Outdoor and Adventure Hobbies: Whether you are into scuba diving or paintballing, this category has what you need. From trampolines, electronics and photography equipment, to kites, bikes and all the needed accessories, you will find it here.
- Fashion and Sewing: If knitting, beading and sewing is in your sights, the Hobby X event is ideal. Offering everything from dress designs and beads, to pattern making and quilting, you will find all your necessary tools, accessories and materials at this Expo. Other cool highlights of this category include wool, lace, embroidery, cutting boards, workstations and jewellery making tools and accessories.
- Creative Hobbies and Crafts: Creative? This category at the expo is for you. Featuring everything from scrapbook to pewter work, the creative arts and crafts category boasts a range of awesome tools and accessories including crafts for children, doll making, clay modelling, book binding silk screening and painting. Other notable interests also covered in this category include jewellery, scrapbooking, woodwork, sandblasting and even soap making.
Workshops at Hobby X
This year’s event is jam-packed with awesome workshops – starting on the 1st of October and finishing off on Sunday, the 4th of October – you are sure to find a cool event to attend.
1 October 2015
- Photobook Workshop (R400): Taking place from 10:30 to 13:30, this workshop will teach you how to create your own photobook using all those photos you have stored on your digital devices. The trainers will help you along the way, creating a hardcover coffee table book. Remember to bring your laptop and set aside between 50 and 100 photos.
2 October 2015
- Hot Air Balloon made from Paper Mache (R250): Learn how to work with various materials to create a stunning hot air balloon that can function as a night lamp or candle holder. From painting to stressing techniques, you will learn it all there is to know in this fun workshop from 10:00 to 12:00.
- Keepsake tin covered in Fabric (R250): Using a plain metal tin and beautiful art supplies, this workshop will help you transform an every-day item into something beautiful. This workshop will take place from 12:30 to 14:00.
- Functional Clock (R395): Using scrapbooking and other materials, this workshop will take you through all the steps of making a working clock from cardboard and craft materials. Taking place from 14:30 to 16:00, all the needed materials will be supplied.
3 October 2015
- Vintage Painting Techniques (R350): Using vintage paint techniques and stencils, you will have the opportunity to create a beautifully crafted vintage style heart. Taking place from 09:00 to 10:30, this workshop includes all your needed supplies.
- Mosaics (R350): Creating a stunning mosaic masterpiece on canvas, this workshop takes place from 11:00 to 13:00 and is perfect for both experienced and beginner crafters.
- Decorative Glass Jar (R280): Taking place from 13:30 to 14:30, this creative workshop will teach you how transform a normal glass jar into practical and beautifully creative storage container.
- Edible Swan (R350): Learn how to create a beautifully crafted, edible swan that is perfect for special events. This workshop takes place from 15:00 to 16:30 on Saturday.
4 October 2015
- Metal Stamped Art (R350): Learn awesome hand metal stamping techniques and create four small boxes. As an added bonus, you will also have the opportunity to work with pewter techniques, creating your own pendant. This workshop will take place from 09:00 to 11:00 on Sunday.
- Paint by Shadow (R400): If you are interested in paintings for sale or would like to create your own artworks, this workshop, taking place from 11:30 to 14:00, is for you. A guided class to help you paint, this class includes all the needed materials and tools to help you create a masterpiece. This class also includes a starter kit and a voucher to spend at the workshop’s host stand.
- Art Journaling (R250): Starting at 14:30 on Sunday (until 16:30), this workshop will teach you awesome techniques to help express yourself in a visually creative way. Explore working with stamps, inks, stencils and more.
Remember that, if you want to take part in some of the workshops at this year’s Hobby X, you have to book your place online on the expo’s official website.
Scrapbooking, Woodwork and Books for sale on Junk Mail
If you are into woodwork and looking for some tools and machinery to give your hobby a boost, this collection of machinery includes a Belt Sander, Band Saw, a Router with a Table, Circular Saw and a Workmate.
Do you love scrapbooking? Why not find your scrapbook materials on Junk Mail? With awesome options to choose from, you are sure to find everything you need!
In the market for beautiful paintings for sale? Junk Mail is the best place to start. Featuring a number of beautiful artworks, why not add a splash of colour to your walls with these works of art:
From woodwork and scrapbooking, to paintings and books for sale, you will find all the needed tools, accessories and materials to give your hobbies and crafting activities a well-deserved upgrade.
Looking for paintings for sale? Junk Mail is the ideal place to start. With everything from scrapbook and woodwork accessories and tools, www.JunkMail.co.za has what you need. Selling your accessories, tools and materials? Place your FREE AD on Junk Mail now!