An anomaly is any occurrence or object that is strange, unusual, or unique. It can also mean a discrepancy or deviation from an established rule or trend. Anomalistics is the study of scientific anomalies. In computer science, anomaly detection refers to the process of detecting anomalies from the relevant data. Anamolies are found in Astronomy and Celestial Mechanics, Geophysics, Biology, Quantum physics, Science fiction, Music and even in the English language.
The Junk Mail team have found the following anomalies in the English language
- A farm is where you produce produce
- Do not refuse to take the refuse out.
- You could lead if you get your lead out.
- No time like the present to present a present
- The dove dove into the bushes
- A farmer taught his sow to sow
- He was too close to the door to close it
- Boxing rings are square
- One goose two geese – One Moose two Meese?
- Wise man and Wise guy have the opposite meanings.
- A alarm goes off by going on.
- The Wright fixed the ship right so he could write about it during the rite.
- When stars are out, they’re visible and when the lights go out things become invisible
- No apple or pine in a pineapple
- Quicksand works slowly.
- I had to subject the subject to a test.
- The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.