Getting into golf is an expensive hobby. If you have been to a golf shop of late you will soon realise why Tiger Woods had so many high profile sponsors… the sport is not cheap! Saving a few rand where ever you can is often the route most beginners take. It is the best way to go, you can get the most expensive golf clubs once you turn Pro.
To help you out in living out your dreams and becoming a golfing hero we thought we would give you a couple steps in how to save money to take charge of the golfing greens and hopefully start playing more rounds on a more regular basis.
Please read the below ‘Golfing Guide to Saving Money’:
- Speak to somebody that knows what they are talking about when it comes to buying golf clubs. Most golf equipment shops have people that can help but also talk to friends that aren’t just going to make a sale just to get commission.
- Try as many golf clubs as you can. Loads of golf equipment shops have a net where you can hit a few balls with different clubs. Get one that feels right for you.
- Join your golfing friend when he goes to the driving range. Give his golf clubs a try. They might be what you are looking for.
- Don’t set your mind on buying brand new golf clubs and a brand new golf bag. Used golf clubs or second hand golf clubs is often a great way to get your first set of golf clubs for a whole lot cheaper.
- Once you have decided on the clubs for you the internet is your best friend. It is no secret that buying things online is often cheaper than buying something in the shops.
- When buying a golf bag make sure you get a bag big enough for all you golf goodies but not too big as it can get heavy after the first 9 holes. Try out a few golf bags in the store to find the one you are most comfortable with.
Here are some websites that might help you find the best price for your first set of golf clubs.
- Junk Mail is a great place to start. Especially if you want to save some money and are not keen in buying brand new golf clubs.
- Golf USA. The name might be confusing but this is actually a South African retailer offering not only the option to buy what you need online but this store also has many branches that you can visit to find what you need.
- Golfers Club. With information about what golf courses to play, finding a coach to help you get off to the perfect start and selling of golf equipment. This is a valuable site in any golfer’s arsenal.
- The Pro Shop. Walk into any of their great stores and you will find someone more than happy to help you find what you need. You can also hit a few shots with the clubs of your choice in store. Or for those who don’t mind shopping form home you can also order what you need online.
- Golf Equipment. Great prices and an extensive range of golf equipment. You can get whatever you need from them and they are always just an email away. Or if you think it is time to get rid of your old clubs and get the set of your dreams you can even sell your used clubs here.