The latest Banting lifestyle craze has its origins in a diet that was recommended to Mr William Banting by surgeon Mr William Harvey in 1861. Since then the popularity of Banting restaurants and meals have soared. The Banting diet refers to eating meals that are low in carbohydrates with the aim of losing weight.
These low-carb diets were an integral part of weight loss strategies in medical schools until they were replaced with low-fat diets in 1959. Since then, Dr Robert Atkins and Professor Tim Noakes have been instrumental in promoting low-carb diets. Read our blog post to learn more about how to pursue this type of healthy lifestyle. You can find Banting restaurants and catering on Junk Mail.
The Banting lifestyle
The Banting lifestyle encourages low-carb diets that are high in fats. Unlike regular diets, Banting diets promote lifestyle changes, which encourage the development of healthy eating patterns. As such, Banting is viewed as a way of life rather than a fad diet that is difficult to sustain. The theory is that consuming addictive sugars and carbs is one of the major reasons people overeat.
Once you eliminate these substances from your diet, it is more likely that your body will be able to regulate its intake of food in a way that is healthier and more satisfying. This is the reason that the Banting diet leads to rapid weight loss. Some people may even experience withdrawal symptoms when they eliminate sugar and carbs from their diets. The effects may include nausea and lethargy. Once these symptoms have passed and the body has had a chance to detoxify, people usually experience increased energy levels.
Feedback from people who are following a Banting lifestyle includes rapid weight loss as well as positive health outcomes. Banters have reported losing 21 kg in eight months and 13 kg in less than three months.
With the growing popularity of low-carb diets since 2010, there are plenty of Banting restaurants that make meals to accommodate a healthy lifestyle. These restaurants offer a selection of meals that are low in carbs and high in fat. You can also find plenty of caterers who are skilled at preparing Banting meals.
You can get support for your Banting diet by joining Facebook groups where people share relevant recipes and help to support each other. The focus of these initiatives is to empower people to take control over their health and the food they are eating.
Dishes at Banting restaurants exclude rice, potatoes, and pasta as well as other sources of carbs. They also exclude processed food, such as sunflower seed oil and margarine. These establishments provide healthy alternatives to fizzy drinks and canned foods. Substitutes for sunflower seed oil include coconut oil and olive oil.
The 10 Key Rules of Banting
- Banting is not a high protein diet, however, the focus is on a high fat intake combined with a medium protein intake and minimal amounts of carbs.
- In order to achieve a healthy lifestyle, choose unprocessed foods and prepare meals from scratch.
- A Banting diet enables you to enjoy fats.
- This diet doesn’t put strict limitations on how much and when you eat. It requires you to listen to your body and eat when you are hungry. It also advises you to eat enough food to satisfy your hunger without overeating.
- If you’re not hungry, don’t eat. It isn’t bad for you to skip a meal if you don’t feel like eating.
- Snacking is an unnecessary habit.
- Avoid sugar as it is addictive and unhealthy. Buy ready food that doesn’t have sugar added to it.
- Don’t eat grains.
- Limit your fruit intake.
- Eat eggs as they help to satisfy your hunger.
You can find Banting restaurants and caterers on Junk Mail who prepare healthy, low-carb meals. With a range of delicious dishes to choose from, it is easy to maintain a healthy lifestyle when you’re eating out or buying meals that are already prepared to eat at home.