Are you hosting international guests at your hotel or guesthouse? There are plenty of strategies you can use to set your establishment apart from the crowd. Creating a welcoming atmosphere is the first step to making your guests feel at home. Anticipate your guests’ needs by stocking up on supplies before they arrive. Visit Junk Mail today to find a wide range of furniture, supplies, cleaning equipment and much more.
Start with a friendly and professional attitude
As the host, you have an important role to play in making your international guests feel welcome. A friendly attitude goes a long way towards putting your guests at ease right from the start. Be open-minded when getting to know people from different countries and show interest in their customs. Act professionally by dealing with any problems or requests promptly. If there’s a language barrier, make sure that you smile and keep any communication clear and simple. You can also make use of translation apps and accompany any written instructions with pictures. Learning a few greeting phrases in different languages is also beneficial.
Before you welcome guests to your establishment, make sure that you have everything you need to offer them a comfortable stay.
- Towels: have an abundance of clean and comfortable towels to offer your guests.
- Guest robes: a guest robe adds a luxurious touch to your rooms.
- Toiletries: provide your guests with small bottles of essential toiletries, such as soap, shampoo, and conditioner.
- Snacks or sweets: add a welcome basket of snacks, sweets or chocolates to the room.
- Cupboards and drawers: provide your guests with plenty of storage space where they can unpack their clothes.
- Charge stations: with our rising dependence on technology, it’s likely that your guests will have numerous devices to charge. Equip each room with a power strip and outlet where it’s easy for them to recharge their gadgets. As an added bonus, you can include a simple universal USB charger.
- Coffee station: create a coffee station with a kettle, mugs, tea, coffee, sugar, and sugar alternatives.
Offer internet access
With the world becoming more and more digitally orientated, internet access is a necessity for your hotel or guesthouse. Place the Wi-Fi password in each room so your guests can stay connected during their trip.
Provide useful information
To further improve the experience for your international guests, you can create a booklet with useful information about your establishment, emergency contact details, and details about the area surrounding your hotel or guesthouse.
For information regarding your establishment, you can include basic rules, where to find everything, processes, emergency contact details and more. For information about the surrounding area, you can include the details of popular restaurants, shopping centres, parks, and important sites. Fun activities also make a great addition to your booklet.
Make sure your international guests can understand the information you’re providing them with. This might require translating the information or providing enough pictures in your booklet.
Go the extra mile
Be the best host by going the extra mile for your guests. Anticipate their needs by making sure that your establishment is offering them everything they need for a relaxing and safe trip. Paying attention to the details is vital if you want to impress your guests.
Do your research
Research the country your international guests are from. By gaining a better understanding of their culture, you can ensure that you know how to interact with them respectfully.
Hosting international guests is a rewarding experience and it can also be a lucrative aspect of the hospitality industry. Visit Junk Mail to find furniture and supplies that will enhance your guests’ experience.