Great news Sports fans! It’s almost African Cup of Nations time! The AFCON 2013 football tournament kicks of tomorrow (the 19th of January) in Johannesburg. Teams from 16 African countries will be competing against each other for Africa’s greatest football prize!
AFCON 2013 matches will be played in five cities around South Africa. The 16 teams have been divided into 4 groups for AFCON 2013! I’m thinking that competition in these groups is going to be intense and I am sure that many football fans will agree with me. Check out the groups for the tournament below and you’ll see what I mean:
- Group A: South Africa, Angola, Morocco and Cape Verde
- Group B: Ghana, Mali, Niger and Congo DR
- Group C: Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso and Ethiopia
- Group D: Cote D’Ivoire, Tunisia, Algeria and Tongo
The group match stage ends on the 30th of January. The AFCON 2013 Quarter Finals will be played on the 2nd and 3rd of February, the semi-finals will be played on the 6th of February, the 3rd / 4th place play-off will be played on the 9th of February and the final will be played in Johannesburg at the National stadium on the 10th of February. You can check out the full AFCON 2013 Match Schedule here.
Great News! Junk Mail is giving away a double ticket to the Opening Matches at AFCON 2013 tomorrow! The winners will be able to enjoy two matches on the day at the National stadium (formerly known as Soccer City)! South Africa are taking on Cape Verde and Angola are taking on Morocco. The opening ceremony starts at 4 PM, the first match kicks off at 6 PM and the second match kicks off at 9 PM.
All you have to do to enter is to comment on this blog post and tell us who won 3 consecutive African Cup of Nations Football tournaments in 2006, 2008 and 2010. For a clue, check out this advert on Junk Mail.
The competition closes at 2 PM today, so get your comment on! Make sure you leave a valid e-mail address and contact number in your comment so we can reach you! Your contact telephone number will not be published!
Please take note of the Terms and Conditions for this competition below:
- The double ticket should be collected by the winner at our head office in Pretoria.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
- A valid e-mail address and contact telephone is required to enter the competition.
- The winner will be announced today at 3 PM on the Junk Mail Facebook page and will be emailed to arrange prize pick-up.
- The winner will also need a valid South African ID document in order to receive the prize.
- If the winner does not respond to the news of his/her prize within 2 hours, then he/she forfeits the prize and there will be a re-draw and new winner announcement. Upon re-draw, the winner will follow the same points mentioned above.
- The competition is not open to Junk Mail employees.
- The entrants acknowledge that Junk Mail Publishing accepts no responsibility for any harm, damage, illness or injury that may occur as a result claiming the prize.
If you’re not the winner of this prize, remember that you can check out Junk Mail for people selling their AFCON 2013 Tickets. You can also find many soccer and football related classifieds on our website!
Watch this space for updates in the Competitions category on the Junk Mail blog.