So it’s official. Apple will be launching their latest edition, the iPhone 6, tomorrow, 9 September, at an event in Cupertino, USA.
The Apple bosses are not saying much about this anticipated device, only that “we wish we could say more…” on the event invites.
However, there is a lot of speculation about the iPhone 6 and its features. It was already revealed at the WWDC that it will be iOS 8 operated, from which we can expect:
- QuickType, which predicts what you are going to write before you write it.
- Spotlight, the search bar that appears when you swipe down anywhere on your home screen, has gotten smarter apparently.
- There’s a new Health app – a hub to gather and collect your personal info and data on fitness, diet, sleep, medication etc.
- Apple has partnered with Shazam to give Siri sound-recognizing powers.
- You can reply to texts without opening the Messages app.
- The Photos app is looking a lot like Instagram.
- You can place calls over Wi-Fi, a Skype-like feature.
- You can coordinate your phone with up to 8 members of your family, sharing purchased apps, music and books with the same credit card.
Check out this video of what the iPhone 6 might look like… What do you think? Does it meet your expectations?
Unfortunately, here in South Africa, we’ll have to wait for the iPhone 6 to arrive on our shores, but if you are looking to buy an iPhone in the meantime, browse for a bargain iPhone 5S for sale on Junk Mail.