In South Africa, Mother’s Day is celebrated on the second Sunday of May every year. Mother’s Day 2011 will be celebrated this week Sunday, the 8th of May.
Mother’s day celebrations in South Africa coincide with Mother’s Day celebrations in the United States. South Africans celebrate this day with great enthusiasm and interest. Mother’s Day is regarded as an auspicious day, a day which gives every human being an opportunity to say thanks to his mother and appreciate all her efforts she has undertaken for him / her. South Africans leave no stone unturned to express gratitude towards their mother. On this particular day, children in South Africa pamper their mother and give her a special treatment. The mother is exempted from her daily chores. They are usually taken over by children on this day.
Many people think that Mother’s Day was a holiday which was invented by the Greeting Card companies, but that’s not true. This holiday actually dates back to the annual spring festival the Greeks (which was dedicated to Rhea, the mother of all deities). It also dates back to the offerings that the ancient Romans made to their Great Mother of the Gods, Cybele. Christians celebrated this festival on the 4th Sunday in Lent in honor of Mary, mother of Christ. In England this was expanded to include all mothers and was called Mothering Sunday.
Your mother is a special person in your life. You cry on her shoulder when the latest love of your life has dumped you, or you didn’t get the job you were after. If it wasn’t for her you would’ve failed matric and never gotten a driver’s license. You should thank her for all her efforts this Mother’s Day,
Here are some ideas for Mother’s Day Gifts:
- Cοsmetics: Cοsmetics frοm wοrld renοwned brands like Yardley, Loreal and other brand οffer a range οf prοducts which are fοr all rοund care. Get her some to assist her in looking her best.
- Gift Vοuchers: Gift Vοuchers prοvide the freedοm οf chοice. Give your mother one so she can choose and buy prοducts that she likes.
- Flοwers: Flowers are the perfect way to cοnvey your inner feelings tο yοur mοther. Most mothers will appreciate flowers on Mother’s Day
- Day Spa Gift: This unique gift will give your mother the opportunity to be spoiled rotten. Give her one of these if this is your intention.
- Perfume: Most wοmen have a special fascination fοr perfume. The sweet fragrances οf wοrld class perfumes make her the center οf attention in parties and οther sοcial gatherings. Get her some to enhance her being.
We hope you’ve found this information useful and interesting.
The Junk Mail team would like to take this opportunity to wish all the mother’s out there a Happy Mother’s Day for this week Sunday!
Also feel free to check out the following interesting posts on the Junk Mail blog.