Western Cape music, theatre and dance fans are once again invited to join the summer audiences who relish the delights of a unique season of top entertainment under the stars in an original theatre in the Cape Winelands. Stellenbosch will play host to events which all promise to be an excellent showcase of music, theatre and dance in a perfect setting under the Southern Sky. Set among tall, rustling trees, the famous open-air Oude Libertas Amphitheatre hosts a top line-up of performers in a variety of presentations this year.
The theatre is situated on the slopes of the Papegaaiberg and overlooks the magnificent Stellenbosch mountain range. The Amphitheatre stages a variety of quality productions across a wide spectrum of genres. Visitors are invited to come and experience some of the best South African and international productions during the summer season. You’ll be swept away by the ambience and tranquillity and realise why the Oude Libertas Amphitheatre is rated as one of the most beautiful open-air theatres in South Africa. Patrons are more than welcome to bring their own picnic baskets and a glass of wine to enjoy the famous Oude Libertas lawns.
Diarise the following dates (which are spread out from November 2011 to March 2012) on your calendar to ensure that you become part of what thousands have already experienced over the years:
- 27 November 2011: Karen Zoid and Vusi Mahlasela
- 4 December 2011: Jason Reolon Trio – Outline Live
- 11 December 2011: CODA
- 18 December 2011: I’m dreaming of a Jazz Christmas
- 21 & 22 December 2011: Carols , Crackers & Christmas
- 31 December 2011: New Year with De Companje
- 5 February 2012: Johann Strauss Ensemble
- 12 February 2012: ZAMAR
- 19 February 2012: Emo Adams & Take Note
- 26 February 2012: GoodLuck in association with Savanna
- 4 March 2012: Breakfast Included
- 11 March 2012: Marcus Wyatt & Language 12
For more information about these shows visit http://www.oudelibertas.co.za/ or contact the Oude Libertas Theatre telephonically on 021 8097473 or 021 8097380 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking to go to an event? Check out the Event Tickets category on the Junk Mail website, you might find what you are looking for.
You might also find the following posts interesting on the Junk Mail blog: