Music lovers should brace themselves. RAMFest is back and its bigger than ever before. The 2012 edition of RAMFest will have concerts / festivals in 5 cities across South Africa. RAMFest 2012 kicks off in Port Elizabeth on the 2nd of March in Port Elizabeth, then moves on to Bloemfontein on the 3rd of March, Durban on the 9th of March, Johannesburg on the 10th of March and ends on the 11th of March in Cape Town.
Numberous local acts and 3 International headliners for the Cape Town and Johannesburg legs of RAMFest were announced over the last few months. In Flames (a hard rock / metal band from Sweden), Infected Mushfroom (electro superstars from Sweden) and AWOLNATION (an electro rock band from the United States) will be headling these editions of RAMFest in 2012.
Camping facilities will be available at the Johannesburg and Cape Town legs of the festival:
- At the Cape Town event camping opens on Saturday morning (the 10th of March) at 10 AM. Camping tickets are R50 per person for 2 nights (Saturday & Sunday) and R30 per person for 1 night (Sunday). Please note that your camping ticket does not include festival ticket and will not allow you entry to the festival arena. You will also not be allowed into the campsite without a valid festival ticket. No camping tickets are available for Saturday only. Camping are tickets limited so organise ASAP. Buy your camping tickets here.
- Camping tickets for the Johannesburg leg of Johannesburg cost R50 per person for 2 nights (Friday the 9th and Saturday the 10th of March) and R30 per person for 1 night (Saturday). No camping tickets are available for Friday only. Space is limited so book ASAP. You can buy your camping tickets here. Be aware of the fact that your camping ticket does not include festival ticket and does not allow you entry to the festival arena.
Here are the full line-ups for the 2012 editions of RAMFest:
- RAMFest 2012 Port Elizabeth: 2 March 2012 – Hume Park – Featuring Niskerone, Guns ‘n Lazers, Polisiekar, Volume Conflict, Huis Najaar and Herotide – For more info check out this event on Facebook.
- RAMFest 2012 Bloemfontein: 3 March 2012 – Kovsie Rag Farm – Featuring Niskerone, Polisiekar, All Will Fall, Shadowclub and Koldproduk – For more info check out this event on Facebook.
- RAMFest 2012 Durban: 9 March 2012 – Origin Night Club – Featuring Netsky feat MC Darrison, Niskerone, Hyphen, SFR, DJ Nightvision, Veranda Panda, Digital Kaos, Amigo, Leo, Icarus, Mark E Mark, We’ve been hacked, Mad Love, Slice Freddy and Bear Girls – For more info check out this event on Facebook.
- RAMFest 2012 Johannesburg: 10 March 2012 – Riversands Farm, Fourways – Featuring Infected Mushroom, In Flames, The Narrow, Pestroy, AWOLNATION, Polisiekar, Chromium, Shadowclub, Newtown Knife Gang, Double Adapter, Netsky feat MC Darrison, Niskerone, Rudeone, Deeziak, Benson, Cut Key Look and Ambush – For more info check out this event on Facebook.
- RAMFest 2012 Cape Town: 11 March 2012 – Ostrich Ranch on the N7 (20 min outside the city) – Infected Mushroom, In Flames, The Narrow, AWOLNATION, Polisiekar, Hog Hoggidy Hog, Sabretooth, Newtown Knife Gang, Haezer, Netsky feat MC Darrison, Hyphen vs SFR, Niskerone, PH Fat, B-Team, Das Kapital, Audophile and Dubvader – For more info check out this event on Facebook.
RAMFEst 2012 is sponsored by Red Heart Rum, Monster Energy, MK, Olmeca Tequila, Hunters, Black Label, Music Connection and Boom.fm, Tickets for the Johannesburg and Cape Town shows cost R350, tickets for the Bloemfontein and Port Elizabeth shows cost R80 and tickets to the Durban show cost R120. You can buy tickets via the RAMFest Facebook page, the Ticketbreak website or the RAMFest website. Watch this space for regular updates in the Events category on the Junk Mail blog. If you are looking for tickets to upcoming events you can also check out the Event Tickets category on the Junk Mail website, you might find what you are looking for.
Check out these other posts on the Junk Mail blog, you might find them interesting: