Today Samsung South Africa announced Free Wi-fi for Samsung smart devices on their Twitter account. Samsung smartphone and tablet owners can now sign up for 1 Gb of free data per month for 12 months with AlwaysOn.
Recently Internet Solutions and Samsung announced their partnership at the Samsung Africa Forum (which was held in Cape Town). They explained that the offer is valid for devices bought in the last 3 years. Registering for this service sounds pretty straight forward and easy. Samsung has provided the following instructions to sign up for Free Wi-Fi on the Samsung Mobile South Africa Facebook page.
- Go to an AlwaysOn Wi-Fi hotspot location and log onto the AlwaysOn Wi-Fi network with your Samsung smart device.
- Follow this link http://finder.alwayson.co.za/ to find your nearest AlwaysOn Hotspot
- On the AlwaysOn landing page under the menu option of “Free sites” click on “Samsung Registration”.
- Enter in your personal details and confirm registration.
- Your account is now created. Happy browsing!
This is great news for South African smartphone and tablet users(Samsung smartphone users in general). We live in a country where mobile data isn’t cheap. This is an awesome initiative by Samsung South Africa and Internet Solutions. The only downside of this deal is that you’ll have be near an AlwaysOn Wi-fi hotspot to make use of it. A quick search on the AlwaysOn website brought up 127 hotspots in Pretoria, 312 in Johannesburg, 404 in Cape Town and 102 in Durban. This may not sound like a lot, but every little bit of free data on your Samsung smartphone and Tablet is extremely welcome.
What do you think of this Free Wi-fi initiative? Leave a comment and let me know. Feedback is appreciated and welcome here. Feel free to tell all your friends about this Samsung Free Wi-fi deal. Share this article on Facebook and Twitter.
Watch this space for regular updates in the Gadgets category on the Junk Mail Blog.